Friday, September 23, 2011

Lost and Not Found

He looked frail and almost lost in the hustle and bustle of Pondy Bazar. Somehow,he caught my attention. Or perhaps his merchandise stole my attention! It was a lovely pair, handmade and it looked classy without flaws. I have an eye for flaws in costume earrings as most of them don't have good finishing and some end up with low grade fish hooks or chipped colours. Alas, this one was just near perfect! Without much thought, I purchased it after all it was just Rp150. It was when I handed him cash I realised the guy was physically challenged from his right elbow onwards. Somehow, he was independant and it amazed me to see a man struggling to survive when he himself was challenged. What more when there were more who were better off but begged in the midst of the crowd! I think I made justice by not bargaining with him for my purchase, 2 pairs of earrings and a set of costume jewellery.

Well, today I have lost an earring of this pair. Will I find it or would it end up in my junk box! SIGH!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your chocolates here :